TRACTOR MECHANISATION FUND
Background of the fund
- Started in 2011through to 2012 as a collaborative facility among ZNFU, FAO and MAL.
- The new ZNFU model Tractor mechanisation fund uses a revolving fund concept to enable farmers access equipment.
Why The Fund?
- To bridge the labour gap in agriculture production among small & medium scale farmers through mechanisation.
What Can You Purchase With The Fund?
- Tractors, rippers, ripper-planters, maize shellers, trailers, boom sprayers and other equipment.
What Are Some Of The Benefits Of The Fund?
- Access to appropriate machinery at reasonable cost
- Opportunity to mechanize and commercialize farming
- Increased agricultural production and productivity
- Additional income through hiring out of the equipment
- As a revolving fund, more farmers would benefit in subsequent years
Who Qualifies For The Tractor Loan?
- Any farmer wishing to mechanize and commercialize agricultural undertakings.